ApprenticeshipsThe Apprenticeship Levy

Levy Paying Employers

The apprenticeship levy is paid by all employers with a pay bill over £3 million each year. The aim of the levy is to help fund the development and delivery of apprenticeships. As a result the quality and quantity of apprenticeships should improve.

All employers get a £15,000 allowance to offset against the amount they have paid.

The levy payments go into an online Apprenticeship Service. This will enable employers to manage their apprenticeship funding and delivery through a virtual account. This account is used to allocate payments to providers of government-approved apprenticeships.

Non Levy Paying Employers

If your paybill is under £3 million, you do not have to pay the levy. Non-levy paying employers will share the cost of training and assessing apprentices with the government, called ‘co-investment’.

The co-investment rate for new apprenticeships starting on or after 1 April 2019 is 5%. The government will pay the rest (95%) up to the funding band maximum.

 

Share
Chartered Management Institute logoInstitute of Leadership and Management logoCity and Guilds Approved Centre logoHighfields Qualifications logo

For further information on our services, latest news and events